NRA CET 2020
Common Eligibility Test for IBPS, SSC and Indian Railways.
Module to how to apply — explained
- The new agency will conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) for all the competitive examinations from 2021
- Around 2 crore aspirants sit for various examinations for government jobs or banking jobs every year
Common Eligibility Test for IBPS, SSC and Indian Railways. Module to the way to apply —
In a move to streamline the recruitment process for non-gazetted posts within the central government and public sector banks, Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved fixing the National Recruitment Agency. The new agency will conduct a standard Eligibility Test (CET) for all the competitive examinations.
The proposal for National Recruitment Agency was first introduced by minister of finance Nirmala Sitharaman within the Union Budget 2020. The new agency are going to be an “independent, professional, specialist organisation and can conduct an exam, which might be referred to as the Common Eligibility Test, for selection to government jobs,” the Union Budget mentioned. NRA will work as a preliminary single-window agency to shortlist qualifying candidates from bulk of applicants and forward the list to SSC, IBPS, etc, to carry the mains.
The government sanctioned ₹1,517.57 crore for NRA, Union cabinet said during a statement, adding that the expenditure are going to be undertaken over a period of three years. “Apart from fixing the NRA, costs are going to be incurred for fixing examination infrastructure within the 117 aspirational districts,” the statement said.
Commenting on the the advantages of 1 common test, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, “The National Recruitment Agency will convince be a boon for crores of kids . Through the Common Eligibility Test, it’ll eliminate multiple tests and save precious time also as resources. this may even be an enormous boost to transparency.”
All you would like to understand about Common Eligibility Test
1) at the present , the National Recruitment Agency agency will conduct entrance test for workers Selection Commission (SSC) and therefore the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) and Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).
2) The hiring of Group-B (non-gazetted), Group-C (non-technical) and clerical posts within the government along side various equivalent recruitment publicly sector banks are going to be done through CET. NRA will conduct preliminary examinations for of these recruitment.
3) The multi-agency body will conduct a separate CET each for the three levels of graduate, higher secondary (12th pass) and therefore the matriculate (10th pass) candidates.
4) supported the screening done at the CET score level, final selection for recruitment shall be made through separate specialised tiers (II, III etc) of examination which shall be conducted by the respective recruitment agencies.
5) The score of CET are going to be valid for 3 years. There shall be no restriction on the amount of attempts to be taken by a candidate to seem within the CET subject to the upper regulation , the statement said.
6) Around 2.5-3 crore aspirants sit for every of those examinations for state jobs or banking jobs per annum . A CET would enable the candidates to seem once and apply to any or all of those recruitment agencies for the upper level of examination.
7) “The curriculum for this test would be common as would be the quality . this is able to greatly ease the burden of candidates who are at the present required to organize for every of the examinations separately as per different curriculum,” the statement said.
8) Candidates would have the power of registering on a standard portal and provides a choice of centres. supported availability, they might be allotted centres.
9) “The CET would be available during a number of languages. this is able to greatly facilitate people from different parts of the country to require the exam and have an civil right of being selected,” it said.
10) With single common entrance test, candidates not got to spend money to refill different applications for various jobs. the value of travelling for various examinations also will be saved.
11) The NRA will found out examination centres in every district of the country to assist youths, especially women, from rural and much flung areas of the country, as they will not be required to visit another place to require recruitment tests, the Union Cabinet said during a statement.
12) “It will cause simple selection, simple job placement and simple living, especially for those sections of society that are considered disadvantaged,” Union Minister Jitendra Singh said during a tweet.
13) this is able to go an extended way in mitigating the hardship of candidates who spend a substantial amount of your time , money and energy preparing and giving these examinations per annum , the cupboard said during a statement.
14) Women candidates especially from rural areas face constraints in appearing in multiple examinations as they need to rearrange for transportation and places to remain in places that are distant , the govt said.
Cabinet approves NRA, single entrance examination for state jobs :-
The move will streamline the recruitment process for state jobs, an enormous draw among the youth for the safety they provide . The move also will help put in situ one national exam for all government jobs at a time
The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved fixing of a National Recruitment Agency (NRA) to hold out a national entrance examination for non-gazetted vacancies in both central government departments, and public sector banks.
The agency will conduct one entrance examination for tens of thousands of positions that the govt advertises per Annum . the present recruitment model comprises several exams by different recruitment agencies including some by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The UPSC, however, will still affect top administrative exams, including the coveted the civil services exams.
NRA are going to be a multi-agency body to encompass the primary level test currently conducted by agencies like Staff Selection Commission (SSC), the Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) and therefore the Institute of Banking Service Personnel (IBPS). Going forward it’s expected that other recruitment agencies within the central government would adopt the central eligibility test (CET), a cupboard statement said.
“Further, it might be open for other agencies within the public also as private domain to adopt it if they so choose. Thus, within the end of the day , the CET score might be shared with other recruiting agencies within the Central Government, State Governments/Union Territories, Public Sector Undertaking and personal Sector. this is able to help such organizations in saving costs and time spent on recruitment,” it added.
The establishment of NRA will streamline the recruitment process for state jobs, an enormous draw among the youth for the safety they provide . The move also will help put in situ one national exam for all government jobs at a time, when employment or the rather the shortage of it’s an enormous debate.
Indians are battling massive job losses within the aftermath of the coronavirus pandemic and therefore the ensuing lockdowns which have hit economic activities. The country may lose 6.1 million jobs in 2020 if the country fails to tackle the pandemic by the top of September, the International Labour Organisation and therefore the Asian Development Bank said during a report on 18 August. The report has also underlined that percentage among youngsters below the age of 25 may touch 32.5% in 2020.
To be sure, the decide to establish a NRA was first mentioned within the 2020 Union Budget. “The National Recruitment Agency will convince be a boon for crores of kids . Through the Common Eligibility Test, it’ll eliminate multiple tests and save precious time also as resources. this may even be an enormous boost to transparency,” Prime Minister Narendra Modi twitted Wednesday.
Currently, around 25 million aspirants sit for state jobs per annum . And organizations like SSC, IBPS, RRBs take a lion share of this burden. for instance , in 2028-19, some 7 million aspirants registered with SSC for state job entrances.
The union cabinet said CET will work as a screening test, and supported the CET score level, final selection for recruitment shall be made through separate specialised tier one and tier two exams, which shall be conducted by the respective recruitment agencies.
The cabinet said it’ll spend Rs. 1517.57 crore for the NRA over a 3 year period and aside from fixing the NRA, costs are going to be incurred for fixing examination infrastructure within the 117 aspirational districts. the cupboard said the national entrance are going to be conducted in various languages each for the three levels of graduate, higher secondary (12th pass) and therefore the matriculate (10th pass) candidates and it’ll strive to possess exam centers altogether districts to scale back commutation hassles by candidates.